Obesity is epidemic in the United States and is a major cause of many diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, cancer and arthritis. The American Medical Association has recently recommended that obesity should be classified as a disease.
Lifestyle changes consisting of healthy eating and exercise are the ONLY way to lose weight and keep it off.
- At Kaizen Total Wellness, we offer a healthy alternative to gimmicky weight loss plans.
- We utilize registered dietitians to teach our patients how to eat right-not how to starve or live with hunger.
- We are also aware that controlling appetite can be very hard (this is why up to 95% of all people who have lost weight put it all back on within one or two years).
- Our board certified physicians are experienced in prescribing FDA approved medications (Phentermine, Qysmia, Topamax, Belviq, Naltrexone, etc) and all patients are monitored very closely by the doctor.
- Fitness programs are also available in our own office based state of the art gyms. All sessions are supervised by our physical therapists and Kaizen Total Wellness certified fitness instructors.
If you have diabetes or kidney disease, these sessions may be covered by your health insurance, including Medicare.